Electric fan

azdevil1981

Not sure exactly what your asking here...

• Electric Fan swap? Yes of course, many people have.
  • Quest e-fan swap? Not sure if anyone has ever used that one or not.

Here is one of many results that you will find if you search for "electric fan"

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36769-electric-fan-question/?hl=%2Belectric+%2Bfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally I did the Taurus SHO E-Fan swap...it made a world of difference in cooling efficiency and (to me) it gave the stock 150ish HP a bit of a boost...

Quest fan has been done before, I couldn't find it on infamousnissan, but I read a write up a while back about it.

It could've been one of our NPORA guys, who knows.

So here's my install. Had to to cut the sides down and the bottom lip off, as well as notch the corner out for the upper radiator hose and overflow hose. The bottom is held in by some hefty zip ties, the top with real hardware. I used foam to seal the top to the radiator because things tend to fall in between and down when working on stuff. I either want to re-cut a new shroud to fit closer to do the radiator or use some thin rubber mat and attach it to the radiator so as air is being pushed through driving down the road they open and when the fan is on they close up to direct the rest of the exposed surface area heat through the fan.

The fan doesn't draw nearly as much amps as a Taurus fan and moves plenty of air. Overall it does its job without issue.

Stanza fans fit really well also.

20150813_183243_zpsdbefo2k1.jpg

20150813_183313_zpseaerhd0z.jpg

20150813_183344_zpsij1wte6m.jpg

20150813_183251_zpsgwaw09ep.jpg

20150813_183356_zpsipdbthfn.jpg

Edited by Kingman

Nice!

And yes, the Taurus fan draws a crap ton of amperage on startup...

Although I gotta say that it is pretty dang cool to set the assembly on the shop floor and hook some extended leads up to it, then touch to a hot battery and watch it "hover" around...haha