addendum to my previous post on no start on 1995 pathfinder

Croz

I wanted to add this info. When you replace your engine with a re-manufactured engine there will be the possibility that your old timing marks on the crank pulley may not be anywhere near where they were from the factory. I had to find the new TDC and when I did the pathy fired right up. Problem solved. Stay safe out there. Croz.

Heh, join up to NPORA, post twice with little response form anyone about your problem, and then you end up solving it yourself. Thanks for the update though, when you say "new TDC" what is that in relation to? What I mean is, what other "system" that is separate from the engine needs to be lined up with TDC again? The reman engine should be ready to run right? Did you have to clock the distributor differently?

It sounds like the teeth are off on the belt. You can reset the dizzy to compensate. Does it work, sure. Is it proper? I will let you answer that.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. If you take it to a shop they will not be very happy when things don't work properly. I assume you had to put the plug wire of the timing light on a different wire?