New guy with 01 about to embark on pathy adventure

My name is Justin I have a 2001 white LE with electronic transfer case. I used my pathy as daily driver until recently adding a vehicle. now I can do to the pathy what she is meant to do. It is currently bone stock. Once she gets out of the shop for replacing tranny I am going to jump right in. I already have tires on order and will arrive on 6/3/15. I am about to order a 2 inch lift kit today. As well a brush guard and rear light covers. I like the look. How about this I have about $2500 to blow on this truck right now what would you do to yours if it were square 1? Minus tires

Welcome! I'm new to the site and have a 2001 LE as well. I'm already have 2" spacers with new struts/shocks but haven't installed them yet. I really love the 01-04 models. I'll agree with the ^above guy^ and definitely get skid plates. I've wheeled a couple of times with my stock one and could have screwed up some things. That will be my next purchase. I'm interested in what you do with it. Please post pics!

Welcome! Where's the pics?

$2500? Struts/shocks. Lift kit with springs and Fleury spacers. Skid plates. Stainless braided brake lines, Z36 Powerstop brake kit. All scheduled maintenance to be done. Lokka locker in the front. Still have $$$ left over.

Thank for the welcome. I will definitely get some before pics up asap. Unfortunately she is in the shop getting a new tranny. 2 days after I bought my new EDD the tranny took a shi*. Reverse stopped working and it stopped rolling in neutral . Aamco is doing tranny and the valve cover gaskets as they has a small leak for years. Stay tuned I will have her back in a few days.

So the process has begun and my debit card has hits it's limit for the day. On the way is the 4x4 design lift kit and front skid plate, Warn hubs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Tomorrow I plan on purchasing a roof rack and possibly ARB bumper. Atleast it will all show up around same time I can tell wife its all 1 combo pack.

Fresh out the shop. New/used Tranny. Brand new Copper AT 265/75/16 tires they rub but hopefully lift helps that. No lift yet but I have the kit from 4x4 Design. Armor is on its way. Warn Hubs on way and more. Stoked to have it back and running great. Oh new valve cover gaskets new bolts and pvc valve. .

20150606_163613_zpse54wc7r0.jpeg

Super stoked the parts have started arriving in troves. Time to get Dirty

Warn Hubs

Skid Plate installed

New Belts for good measure

New Inner & Outer bearings seals

Spacers for the new Cooper AT 275/75/16

Bilstein 5100

4x4 Design Spacers 2"

Still in route lots of cosmetics ie stickers, brush guard, new rack & pinion bellows,

. I have a previous sound system I will throw in consisting of Pioneer deck JL Audio 500/1 D class amp MB Quart Mids & Tweets.

Time to get dirty. more pics to come.

20150610_193857_zpskb8fkvjg.jpg

I have searched and haven't found answer yet. Will I need extended brake lines with the 2 inch spacer lift?

No you don't. The front is fine. The rear will work. However I recently installed a longer rear brake line. It definitely gives me more confidence when the rear droops. As when you lower the rear to install the spacers. My brake line was my limiting factor. It will be at it's max. However would it ever drop that far wheeling? Probably not. But close.

I picked up mine from AC (4x4parts.com) mainly because they are local so if I had a issue. It would be easy to resolve.

It was worth it to me. As for my fronts I don't think they would ever be a issue. However stainless braded lines do increase brake performance significantly. Which is always a good thing.

Btw if your staying with stock springs. If your rear are original. At least replace them with new Moog. Less than $50 for the rears at most auto parts store. I paid like $45 at Advanced Auto. .

Sent from fat fingers on S6

Sweet thanks for info. I got the lift on ok... All the info on here made it possible otherwise I wouldve poured gas and lit the thing on fire! Here are pics... Roof rack light bar and stereo next.

path%201_zpsinsnpzlo.jpegpath%202_zpsm21xngwc.jpegpath3_zpsh5yixdld.jpeg