00 pathfinder radio

fearkobe

Have a 00 pathfinder and the speakers aren't working all the way around just the tweeters in the front. I talked to the previous owner he said when he goes over bumps it goes out and it will come on when he hits another bump the speakers that is. I took the radio out everything is fine but I noticed a little arking taking the screw's out for the radio. Is that normal? Also what size are the speakers in these? We are just gonna put a new deck from there and see what happens. Thanks

Arcing when pulling the radio? You have a hot wire grounding out. Bad juju. If that keeps up it will drain your battery among many other bad things that can happen.

I would find the source of the hot wire grounding the to chassis. Probably somewhere in the dash near the radio. Fix that, radio will probably work.

Speakers wise, 6.5" if I remember correctly.

Funny thing to the radio will only work with the radio screwed in. I'll look at it tomorrow again. Now could this be the radio they has a short? I did find a nickel in the radio. Thanks for the reply

Edited by fearkobe

Where can I ground it to? I see the previous owner put ground wire under the hood from the engine to the hood. So if the test light doesn't light up when touching the chassis it's gotta be the radio then? Thanks for the replies