Looking for input

AKdraws

Im new to this forum and I'm looking for some input on suspension.

I plan to NOT lift my Pathfinder (for its my daily driver) Im planning to freshen it up. I would like to do torsion bars but what kinds would be best? What are performance differences with poly bushings?

Any input would be appriciated!

Welcome to NPORA - Don't forget to stop by the New Members area to introduce yourself. While your there check out the common problems/new people start here thread. And there is a TON of info on the site if you take the time to look around :aok:

What do you intend on using the pathfinder for? Off road (even without a lift) on road only or a mix of the two... if so how much?

As for T-bars, why do you feel that they need replaced? Is the front low? Have you raised it before? Can you not raise it any more or has it sagged again since leveling?

If you have never re-indexed them, check the Garage > How To's for instructions on how to do so. You probably do not need replacement stock bars and if your not going to be adding a bunch of weight or jumping it :blink: you don't really need aftermarket T-bars.

Poly bushings can tighten everything up, but they can also transfer a lot more vibration. Some have expressed that they wear out faster and others some have even said that after having them, they went back to stock rubber.

If a typical stock feel is all your after, then perhaps standard direct replacements are the best options (if the existing need replaced)

Thank you for welcoming me! Ill be sure to have a look around.

I use my truck as a daily driver, as well as my adventure rig/camper, also to haul my drum set, dog etc. I definetly drive on the road more than off road because of where i live. Yes the front sags on the driver side, i adjusted the torsion bar because i noticed it was wearing down my new tires on the inside (it ate up my old tires) Since adjusting the T-bar and studying the front end, i noticed the bushings are done and if im gonna replace stuff, might as well do everything right? (its salvage title so it needs it) also, I dont plan on jumping it, just keeping it and use it for a very long time.

So if i like how comfy it is, i should do rubber bushings?