To those of you with a 4" sub frame drop

Tommy1336

I have a lifted 2002 R50 (4" krfabs SFD with stock coils up front, 3" lifted WJ coils in back with F-250 monomaxes out back). I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to find sold information about tire sizes in regards to SFD r50s. It seems most of the information has to do with AC or OME 2" lifts. I am trying to avoid wheel spacers up front (this is seeming less and less likely). There just seems to be a ton of mismatched info out there, a lot of which are just opinions.

So, my questions to those of you with a SFD are:

1)What's your shock/lift setup?

2)What size tires are you running?

3)Did you encounter any problems with your tire/lift setup?

4)Anything you would have done differently?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I realize I've asked a similar question before, but if I remember correctly I only got 1 reply then I went off topic

Edited by Tommy1336

The max tire size has a lot to do with the strut-to-tire clearance, wheel width, and wheel offset. It has less to do with having a SFD, OME, or AC 2" lift, though at some point, tire-to-fender clearance becomes an issue. Even if you had enough clearance between the fenders and tires to fit huge tires, you will still have a clearance issue with the strut. If you have the stock wheels, they do not have the correct offset to allow fitment of larger tires, because the tires will hit the strut.

What size wheels and tires are you using now?

I am using stock tires at the moment, 255/65R16 with the tri-spoke stock rims (backspace 4.25). I was thinking about 235/85r16 pizza cutters to avoid having to use spacers. I don't trust them, but I'll use them if I have to. There's always the option of new rims which I would assume to be way more expensive than spacers, but without the worry. Like a girl trying to pick out a prom dress I just can't decide.