Front Wheel bearing, too tight?

ferrariowner123

So I just did a bearing and brake job on my 96, and I just went through the drive through and heard what sounds like a dog toy squeak coming from the wheel I changed the bearing on. Is it possible I put them on too tight?

I followed the FSM on bearing tension, but had to turn the bearing nut forward (clockwise) so the lock collar could line up so I put the screws on to lock the nut in place. I'm fairly sure it's the bearing since it's speed dependant, and it doesn't change when I apply the brakes...

What do you guys think?

-Kyle

Jack it up, do the axial play test, then do the preload test as well. You can do this using gravity and weights if you don't have a spring gauge. ;)

I'm going to assume you packed the bearings properly...

Check the caliper bolts, slide pins as well. Did you lube them?

B

Alright. I'll look up to do those. Atleast the second one. Lol

I just did a simple hand pack, pushing the grease from the bottom (wide part of taper) till it started oozing out the top. That's what I have seen done on roadkill (when it wasn't called roadkill).

I'll try and find some time this weekend to look at it and hopefully it's a simple thing, I just heard it again against a low wall, but now it's a lower speeds, like 5 mph and lower.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123