Any one make their own cold air intake instead of spending...

captandy

Karman made one. Its in his build thread. Pretty much just use an adapter to mount a cone filter. The make your own heat shield.

On that note. I am going to take a look under the box this weekend. And try to think outside of it. I have a idea. But it may not be exactly off road orientated.

Sent from my Moto X

• 2 weeks later...

Well its pretty simple to create a ram air intake for it. However since it includes using the vents next to the fog light on the driver front. Any water fording would have to be at none or taken carefully. Still trying out a way bypass that for no worries if you hit some water.

Sent from my Moto X

I was thinking of having the filter sit right where the air box sits. And close it in from below as much as possible. This might require some side vents in the fender possibly. Just thinking out loud right now....

I've got a full titanium ARC "super induction box" on its way from Japan, final cost will be about the same as the K&N but it should look about a thousand times cooler. It's off an elgrand, which I believe it same. My build thread will have the info on it when it finally gets here.

-Kyle