2001 pathy stereo question..bose

captandy

just bought a one owner super clean 69k le for the wife.. traditional bose stereo bull%^^$. gonna swap it out, do i need that adapter for stereo amplifier that i needed on my 2003 ??? dont remeber the name of the part but i do.. know its plug and play anyone?

I just used the Scosche one...don't recall the p/n, but you can use Crutchfield to figure it out. It was a couple bucks on eBay. Never tested connections without it, though, after reading about similar installs. Worked perfectly for me (also have the Bose system)

Isn't the one you linked for maintaining steering wheel controls? I think that also requires a power feed. I didn't retain my controls; it didn't need any wiring except speaker.

I'd look at crutchfield, they sell an adapter which allows the steering wheel controls to work, and for everything to play nice with the "Bose" (clarion) speakers.

thanks guys,, replacing entire bose system.. leaving speakers wires,erc,, needed the pac-roman interface on my 2003... figured be the same on the 2001

IMG_20140422_131331_zpsec5vy4zr.jpg

IMG_20140408_075748_zpsppj8tomd.jpg

IMG_20140414_172519_zpsyaef5n12.jpg

Edited by captandy