EGT Code 35

daczone

So I get this check engine code... It comes on after driving for a bit. If I hammer the gas pedal for 10-15 seconds it will go away or if I lift off for 10-15 seconds it will go away.

I have checked my wiring and everything appears to be connected. I don't think I have a bad sensor because it didn't do this with my old motor, but I may try to change it out. I've also read it's a PITA to replace.

Any ideas?

If you have the BPT valve contraption (it would look like 2 egr valves) check to make sure the little rubber hose doesn't have a split in it. If that's not it it may be the egr temp sensor. It doesn't look that hard to change, as long as it comes out easy, lol.

Ah yes... On the right track. I went to the wrecking yard today and replaced those 3 hoses, but I had them on wrong. I had vacuum going to the EGR valve 100% of the time. So after a quick replacement and test drive it is working perfectly. :)

So hopefully this helps someone else.

(Found a set of Warn Hubs on a Pathfinder at U-Pull-It, Too bad I just bought brand new ones).

Every fog light I have seen as the lens cracked. (Mine do)... I was going to replace mine with some LED units. I do like the white lens, I didn't notice if those are still on it.