Old stock suspension

dwrounds

Hello again,

I have been having problems with my stock springs and monroe suspension. The suspension, both front and rear is new. But my tires are feathering funny, and just tonight I noticed that my drivers side is sagging 1/2 an inch lower than the right side. I really want to lift it but am short on cash and worried about further problems from lifting it. Has anyone here lifted and had problems with a 96-98 Pathfinder? Also If I were to lift it what are the neccesities that would have to buy along with new springs, struts and shocks? thanks so much for the input!

1998 Pathfinder owner.

If you're short on cash and your suspension front and rear are new, just get the 2" lift springs now and worry about new rear shocks later. The struts in the lift kits don't add any lift at all, the springs take care of that. As for the rear, your stock length shocks may limit your downtravel when flexing after the lift, but that shouldn't cause any problems. Again in the rear, the lift comes only from the springs. I would suggest getting the camber adjustment kit that AC sells to help whoever does the alignment after your lift. That kit is $30 and is the only other thing you really need to do a lift other than the springs. I bought the entire suspension package with shocks and struts since I had 60,000 miles on my stock suspension and figured I didn't have too much life left out of the shocks and struts.

ABOMB1,

Thanks for the info, by the way your ride looks sweet. So with my struts and shocks I can still fit the taller springs no problem? I understand that it will limit my downward travel, which is not a problem right now. If so I will definetely do it. Thanks again.

ABOMB1,

Thanks for the info, by the way your ride looks sweet. So with my struts and shocks I can still fit the taller springs no problem? I understand that it will limit my downward travel, which is not a problem right now. If so I will definetely do it. Thanks again.

Thanks!

And yes, you can fit the new springs with the shocks and struts you have now. You really have no need at all to get new struts since you said yours are almost new already. New rear shocks would be beneficial at some point for you to get all of your down travel back, but they are not a requirement. I have read of a few people who just installed springs to begin with and upgraded the rest later.

Well I went ahead and ordered the OME springs. I can't wait for them to come in. Unfortunately they had just run out of the front springs so I have to wait three more weeks. I have checked the sagging both with a full and an empty tank, and it is still the same. Hope this helps. After the OME springs settle in a couple of weeks how much lift should I expect in a 98. Thanks guys...

Danny

lbinh,

Hey thanks for the info. That is a pretty sweet ride. Is that yours? Where can I get those spcers? I am very interested in trying to level out the suspension, and give a little bit more lift. thanks again.

Danny

Unfortunately i am not that mechanically inclined. :D I found that site searching for solutions to my front end driver's side sag. Dealer says that is normal. Try a google search on the parts the website named. The " 1/4" thick fabreeka shim." Email him, he answers his email. Otherwise, I am sure supension shops can help you there.

I still have my OEM suspension on my '01 LE and can live with the 1/4" sag. I dislike how the rear suspension bottoms out even with dealer installed larger rubber bump stops inside the OEM springs. But, OEM suspension does give a nice soft ride without a load/rear passengers. The compromise is acceptable for my situation.

When I have the time and $$, i will attempt the suspension upgrade. Whenever that is... :aok:

Good luck and post your experiences.

Edited by lbinh

Dude, your truck looks nice. I had read people had negligable lift at best from the OME springs, but your before and after photos show otherwise. Nice ride.