Aftermarket bumpers

canucklehead

I can't talk for the quality of the supplier, but I have an aftermarket bumper chrome bumper installed by the body shop after the front end was mildy crunched, and the fit wasn't that great. Then they found a different chrome end from a different aftermarket supplier to replace a rusted one that wasn't damaged, and they said they did this as a favor without letting the insurance company know. But it is a horrible fit. If you're going to replace a piece of the bumper, especially for rust, I bet the rest of it isn't far behind. I'd say replace it all at once that may not line up perfectly with the stock one, but at least will all fit together decently.

I bought an aftermarket front bumper (two end caps plus the center) for around $120 CA from a local parts store and the quality was BAD! It fit ok but started to rust the first month I put it on (January). I know our winters out here on the east coast are hard on vehicles because of the salt and all but I still was not impressed. I also bought a rear endcap from the dealer for around $50 CA. It didn't look any better than the aftermarket when they were in the box but now it still looks new, no surface rust at all. I guess you do get what you pay for.