Running Rich and Random Misfire

CO_pathfinder

Well, compression isn't the issue- checked 1-5, couldn't get the hose to reach 6 so eff it. New y-pipe back exhaust, spent good money on it and the shop let their monkey do it ....... the tailpipe is a side exit, but its angled slightly forward and so it whistles on the highway :laugh: . Taking that back to the shop soon to make them redo it, but I'm still not super pleased about having to make it a side exit. Positive note: trucks runs noticeably better, but the misfire is still present - at this point, I'm going to blame it on leaking injectors. Junkyard trip next week to nab as many injectors as I can get my hands on, and then to play Frankenstein.

In other news, new shocks are in the works, finally, but I am still going to have to wait to replace my front suspension components because of budget restrictions. My tires are only good for another 10k anyways, so I'll worry about tires/alignment issues in the Spring. Hopefully getting fresh fluids for everything too, but still waiting to hear back from my guy on what sort of pricing he can get me. At this point, I'm trying to restore dignity to the basics of my truck before I do any true upgrades or drop large $$.

Quickly read through this thread to just throw out some suggestions, my 92' was doing almost the same problem as yours, and it ended up being the #3 fuel injector going bad. Judging by the fact that you've replaced all the plugs and cables, distributor, rotor, etc, I would highly suggest checking these out next if you haven't checked them already. Chances are you already have, but I just wanted to throw it out there! :happy: Unfortunately I think I'm losing another injector only 2 weeks after replacing this one, so I guess it's time for another $200 trip to make her run smooth again :laugh::laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Got something like 15 driver-side injectors today from the JY @ 50cents a pop... not a bad deal. I'm going to let them soak in Seafoam to clean all of the old fuel and grease off; before I go removing my upper plenum again to replace them, is there any way to test them for quality/performance when they are outside of the truck?