Help!

01whitepatthy

So I went under my pathfinder to find some kinda leak not sure what it is but can some one help me with what it is.

image_zps9991a552.jpg

It is that wet looking box right behind front axil. I'm thinking that is the transfer case. Maybe? Idk

Yeah, the picture's not great, but the leak doesn't look brownish or blackish enough to be oil. Looks greenish and thin from that angle. I'd check for coolant leaks around the radiator hoses fittings on the block and water pump housing. Don't forget to check around the hose clamps.

• Like 1

ya good call it does look greenish, rubber glove up and run your finger through it, see what color it is. smell it. you can tell if its antifreeze pretty quick. Is your heater acting up? smell anti freeze going down the road? if thats the passenger side view from under the truck " what it looks like" the return hose and the feed hose for your heater core runs over there. fat hose going to a metal tube that runs under your intake, "comes from firewall passenger side" if thats leaking you should be able to tell pretty quick with a visual. hope this helps out

-pat-