Exhaust clang issue.

NIssanBoston

I have been dealing with an exhaust problem for quite some time now, i recently put in a exhaust system from after the cat about 3 months ago. I've been hearing this clacking noise coming from the back of my truck, i inspected the hangers and everything and it seemed to me that the muffler hanger was banging onto another metal piece, so i recently just brough it to my mechanic to have the pipe heated up and he pryed the metal hanger away from the metal, it doesnt seem it hits it at all anymore but it still makes the clacking sound, i took a video today to show what i mean. I'll do anything to stop this noise, it's such an annoyance when i drive because that's all i hear whenver i go over bumps. It only makes the noise whenever i go over the bumps.

View My Video

Yeah im looking into that, where do u purchase your hangars from?, a autopart store? It might be my hangers are not stiff, because when i shake the muffler while its in the hanger it shakes a bit before finally stopping.

You should try replacing all the rubber hangers my path was doing the same thing as yours. I believe there are 5 off them

quick and dirty idea, put a hose clamp on the metal hangers and clamp them where the flex isnt as bad or there is hardly any flex at all. the one in the video looked like it was very close but the sound sounded hollow to me so i was thinking the resonator or the muffler bumping the floor, or the tail pipe flexing a little to much and hitting your bumper from under the truck. hope u get it lined out, it would make it burn on the tip for sure listening to that over long periods of time.

pat

Well i posted on the fb page seeking help and one of the people suggest a trailing arm was bad and well and behold i went under the truck today and they seem to be bad i can move them freely with my hand, Could this be the culprit to the sound that is giving me a headache?

View My Video