I'm back.... UPDATE

R3DN1CK

Hey guys, I'm alive. Figured out how to log back in... So in the years I've been missing, I've been logging miles in the P.O.R.N. pathfinder. Looking at my photobook on facebook, I've left some stuff out... so I'm planning to update some stuff slowly as time allows.

Current motor at 226k is a little tired, low on power and not gonna pass smog here in California. So it's time to retire the license plates and go green sticker. It's a trailer queen anyway, might as well go full retard now.

Planned mod to fix low power issue, VG33 swap with VG30 crank and 300ZX turbo setup. Estimated 300+ ft/lb torque. Planning to use 350Z clutch and M30 ecu. Solid motor mounts. Possible conversion to Heimed front tornsion arms. This should be fun as desert season is upon us....

Oh and I still have stock black bumper with lamps and stock accy brush guard up for sale (local pickup). No takers on the red interior stuff or stock ac compresseor condensor, cruise etc... so it all went to scrap.

Goal to swap motor, get it running reliable. Slap a poor mans camo paint job on it rattle can style. Survive this season without and mechanical gremilns and install cage, harness and suspension seats next season.

Crazy? Yes! -Nick

Orrr might be looking to do a QR25DET swap... apparently the VG30ET manifold/turbo require notching the frame and moding the steering shaft.

Edited by R3DN1CK

Although the Z31 turbo setup does indeed bolt onto the VG33, the Z31 manifolds and have clearance issues on frame and firewall and would also have to re-engineer the steering...

Needless to say, doing straight up VG33E swapage instead... :lmao:

Although the Z31 turbo setup does indeed bolt onto the VG33, the Z31 manifolds and have clearance issues on frame and firewall and would also have to re-engineer the steering...

Needless to say, doing straight up VG33E swapage instead... :lmao:

But if you stick with the 300 turbo setup, you can move your build thread to custom fab ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...