Got in my first car wreak

thorpe991

Yep in the 5 years i have been driving today i got in my first accident

Me and one of my buddys went for a trail ride today in the seasonal roads all went great on the trails found some holes got to crawl over some logs overall had a good time

Then it happened

On or way back to my place we are going down this dirt road (iv driven it hundreds of times) doing between 35 and 40 for this road that's not to fast well we come up on this truck that is doing 30 we slow down and stay on our journey we then come to a 4way stop he stops turns left i pull up to the sign wait 3-4 seconds turn left I'm doing Maybe 25 slowly catching up to the guy infront of Me but Maybe 2- 3 car lengths behind him again not bad for the road i glance down to look at my speed and look up and he's locked up his 2500 dodge diesel with a dump box on it and came to a stop in maybe 10 feet i lock up the pathy and slam into the back of his truck he then gets out of his truck screaming that i need to slow down and stuff like that (i was maybe doing 25) well after he screams at me for about 20mins about my driving a dec officer rolls up (no body called police) he gets the guy away from the pathy and then takes our info and the guy amited to doing it on purpose the cop then tried to say i,was following too close but behind my pathy was about 30 foot of skid marks in the dirt from where i skided i unfortunately can only afford liability for insurance and because i hit him its my fault (bull) so even i was to turn it into my insurance i would still have to pay for it out of pocket

Well Dec didn't ticket ether of us and the guy after he calmed down said he would pay half of what it cost so tomarro ill post pics

Yeah i dont think so but it bent the rad support where it hooks to the washer fluid tank but thats a single piece of metal that i bent back by hand but now in 8 days i have to replace the fender, corner marker, and windsheild to pass inspection :-

Hey man, if it's drivable, hit up your local JY and just nab a fender, lamps/markers.

Be glad that it didn't hit the center of the grille, or you'd have a bent radiator and a hood that doesn't sit flush anymore. You can do it, don't stress.

I'm not i just can't believe there's people that would do something like that on purpose

Luckily there's 2 black 96-99 pathys at my localjy

I had just put those clear side markers so i still have my stock ones wilt i wait for new clear ones to get here

Edited by thorpe991