Shocks or Struts question

Guest stormteam

Guest stormteam

Since buying my '94 SE Pathfinder several months ago with 75k miles, I have been very happy with it except for one thing...the ride is pretty bumpy at times. (Please note I live in NYC, the city of a million pot holes) Do you have any suggestions for making my ride a little smoother? Are new shocks the solution? I am not looking to go off roading with it (although I would love to sometime), or nothing too expensive, but I know the ride can be smoother.

I read in the manual there is a button to switch from off roading mode to normal mode, apparently my model pathy does not have this button. Help!

Adjustable shocks were available as an option, my '87 SE had them. I did what alot of owners have ~ when they wore out, rather than buy the dealer's pricey replacements I just bought a good pair of manual ones. Check your local Autozone or something like that, stick with name-brands and you'll be fine. Rancho's and the like are great, but if you're only going to offroad on the odd occasion buy a set of Gabriel's or something and save some money... :contract:

post-6-1108424688.jpg