Timing Belt Cover VG33E

mdwarren289

I am in the middle of a timing belt replacement and am putting he cover back on. I cannot get the top cover to seal on the right hand upper. There is a sizeable gap after replacing all bolts. I can see the cam sprocket from the top of the engine. is it possible that it is stuck on something between the front and rear cover plates? I don't see anything but the gap remains between the upper far right bolt and the bolt near the A/C compressor. Any ideas?

Make sure the lower lip of the cover seats right. Pull it back out and make sure it still has its shape and not tweaked. Its always better to seat or get things set in place by habd before installing bolts.

I remember it took mine a small pop to get it seated right.

Sent from my Moto X

Make sure the lower lip of the cover seats right. Pull it back out and make sure it still has its shape and not tweaked. Its always better to seat or get things set in place by habd before installing bolts.

I remember it took mine a small pop to get it seated right.

Sent from my Moto X

Thanks, I thought I may need to take it back out but it was such a pain to get past the AC line.. I couldn't get it to seat the first time and tried to draw it in with the bolts, no go. Thank for the reply

I believe there are a bracket or two for said AC line that you can remove to flex it out of the way sufficiently to get the top cover on and off easily.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are hung up on... :shrug:

There is a good write up in the Garage/How To section with pictures that may help.

B

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice on all. I took a few more pieces off the PCV and was able to move the A/C line just a bit more. The top cover was tweaked so it formed it back and replaced. problem solved. Vehicle is back up and running, no issues..