vg30e crankshaft groove

pathykline92

I'm getting ready to rebuild my original engine. I found a groove

In the rear seal area possibly from the seal lip. Is there a sleeve kit available? Any recommendations on an overhaul kit. Also a question about the lower

Crankshaft timing belt gear removal. Thanks for your help.

Is the groove deep enough that a new seal won't fill it?

You are ging to have to search here for the rebuild kit, I know it has been discussed, but I don't recall the info.

What is the question about the crank timing gear removal? How to?

It is just a tight fit with a shim washer before or behind it. It can corrode in place under some conditions and sometimes the clocking key way is compromised so the key may be binding it. IIRC, you can't really get a grabber behind it for a puller or slide hammer so I would recommend looking down the keyway in the gear to see what you can (maybe striking it the opposite direction with a hammer/drift if you see it is binding) and/or soaking it with a penetrant and giving it some deadblow love after a couple of days. Back and forth radially until you get some movement.

I believe prying is ill advised...

B

I wouldn't pry on the crank gear either. I've pulled one quite a few times and just a little wiggle and persuasion by hand was always enough to break it loose. I've also used a soft rubber mallet to tap gently on the edge of the gear just to break any corrosion bond loose as I work it forward with my hand. Never had any issues doing that

I'm getting ready to rebuild my original engine. I found a groove

In the rear seal area possibly from the seal lip. Is there a sleeve kit available? Any recommendations on an overhaul kit. Also a question about the lower

Crankshaft timing belt gear removal. Thanks for your help.

I had an issue getting my crank gear off at on point, it was seized to the crank. I wound up drilling a 1/4 inch hole just above the keyway slot and with a little persuasion with a hammer and chisel got it off without damaging the crank. Not really recommended, but, had no choice at the time. Try a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF, it works better than PB Blaster or WD-40 as a penetrating oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk