Possible bad wheel bearing/Brake line.

NIssanBoston

I've been hearing a whirring noise from my pathfinder for a week now and i wanted to bring it up to you guys to get a possible cause/fix. I keep hearing a whirring after i go past 30mph . Before 30mph i can't really hear anything. It's always when i go past 30mph . I was just currently idling at 60mph and the noise was very obvious to me. I don't know it's the AT tires i have mounted but when i first purchased them and used them i didn't really hear the noise . Here's a small video on the noise. I know the quality is bad but it's the best i could get.

View My Video

Another concern i have is a possible squeaky brake line? I just encountered the problem today. I found out that when i press the pedal all the way down and release then i hear the squeaky noise. It's most of the time when i do it i hear it. Sometimes when i do it i don't hear it at all. So i don't know what could be the probable cause, That and i have no mechanic experience with this stuff too. Heres another small video of the brake line squeak. Again quality is bad but best i could do.

View My Video

Any help/advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

PM Alkorahil (Rob). He will make sure you get the right parts and they are all Nissan so you are not buying junk. I cant tell from the audio on your vid what it is or if I even hear what you are hearing.

When wheel bearings go bad they tend to generate a lot of heat from friction. When I am questioning the integrity of a bearing I like to feel the hub or wheel in the bearing area for excessive heat. I have a laser thermometer that makes it real accurate but you can usually feel a difference between a good bearing and a bad one. Feel the good side then feel the bad side for a difference in heat build up.

A bad wheel bearing can also give the brake symptoms you described. Have you jacked up the truck and felt for any play in the bearing?

Edited by SkiBumBrian

Jack your truck up and push+pull at the 12 o clock position. If there's a play at the wheel, your wheel bearings are gone.

Wheel bearings are one I those "life of the vehicle" parts but there is a chance for failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I jacked it up today and felt little play at both positions.i guess they probably are bad, probably be best to replace them even if they are not bad . Dont know whens the last time the prev owner replaced them

If it is your tie rod ends or ball joints, I highly recommend Moog replacements as they are made very well (most times a little beefier than oem) and are greaseable. If there is one thing I truly dislike about our Nissans, it's their lack of grease fittings on steering, suspension and driveline parts.

yes sir, 9 and 3 are tie rods, also causes the wheel shake at over 40mph, so keep it slow until you replace them, if you have one of them go it cost you your steering on that side. Good luck and be safe.

Pat

P.S. will probably need an alignment directly after that. "also if the new tires have been on there for only a short amount of time the tire tech should have informed you of the faulty tie rod end" They generally wont even touch it until you replace them if they are bad.