30x9.5

96pfinderSE

I know this has already come up more than likely so just bare with me. Im look at buying some 30x9.5s soon. I was just wondering if there will fit on the stock xe wheels(yes i have an xe not an se error)? The tires have a pretty beefy tread with them so im not sure if it will rub on the stut at all. If some one could give me a reply i would much appreciate it. Possibly a picture also.

<JUSTIN>

Not really sure about that, I'm still asking questions myself about tires.

But about your username, you can ask a moderator to change your username. Then you can keep your rank and post. :)

Yes, they will fit. I've got the XE chromes and they fit fine with no rubbing or what not. Yea, they look beefy but the stuff under there ok.

Difference between SE and XE would be wheel size. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but I think the XE wheel is a 15x6 or something to that matter and the SE would be a little wider. I also think, could be wrong, that the backspacing on the SE wheel is a little different as it tends to fill the fender flares better, that could however just be the width. Anyways, XE, go ahead with the 30x9.5 you should be fine.

Alright appreciate it. Ive heard the xe wheels are 15x6.5 and the se wheels are 16x i dunno. I might just go ahead and by new wheels to have the tires stick out a little more. I dont like how they look all tucked into the fender. I dont know though. If I do that what would be the best backspacing?

For the 96-99's, all wheels were 15" in diameter. The LE's and XE's were 15x6, and the SE's were 15x7. If you get new wheels (assuming in a 15x8), a backspacing of approximately 4" would be good. Check out some pics on the cardomain site of Vengeful on this board, he has wheels that are 3.75" backspaced. B)

I have a 98 SE, and have 31X10.50 on mine. They fit great. Only at extreme right turns does it rub. I am not sure if there is a wheel well size difference between the SE and the XE.

I might be getting some of those. Dominators, I think Cooper makes them. You getting good gas mileage?

Ok so now im leanin towards 31s. What backspacing would i need to make the rubbing minimal. Is 3.75 bacspacing ok? i Want the tires to stick out more to to kinda be lined up with the flares. The I saw had some that look good and lined up any ideas?

The 31" Dominators were from Discount Tire. I went to Costco to see if there were any cheaper tires. I asked them about 31s and they said they wouldn't mount them if it was reccomended. I guess I'm going with Discount Tire.

I went back to Discount Tire and the guy that was selling me 31s wasn't there. I asked for them (31s), but they kept on telling me it was going to rub. I was really desperate for tires, since my Forteras were really bald and I'm traveling to San Diego. Frustrated as I was, I went ahead and got the 30s. I really don't feel satisfied, I still think 31s would fit nicely. Oh well, I hope these last long enough to make some cash for the next set.

90SEVEN, I know what you mean. I did the samething, but in another 30,000 or 40,000 miles it will be time for a new set. And then I'm getting a set of 31's on black rock crawlers. The plus is my car will be paid off and then I can afford it. :D

The feeling is shared here too. Wish I had gotten the 31s but money did not permit at the time and now i want to wait till these wear out.. Start saving now for new wheels and tires.. hopefully get that OME done here soon.

I called the next morning, and the guy I spoke to was really irritating. He kept saying that the 31s would tear of my fenders. Everytime I asked for the tires, he would repeat it. I kept insisting sarcasticly, that I wanted my fenders torn off. Before we hung up, he said, "Come down, we'll tear off your fenders." "Okay then, I'll be down."

I went down but, I ended up keeping my 30s. Why? Since I already worked my last day. I need to keep as much money in my account as possible for my little family till I get to San Diego and start a new job. Thirty extra dollars would shrink my account. I know I could use that or gas for the trip. For my trip, I just spent money on new brakes. My brakes were about 2-3 CDs thick and was scratching my rotars. I got new rotars because of that. Then new tires, since it was bald.

Oh well, I'll be getting the 31s for my next set. Hopefully I could afford them. Living on a budget blows.

Living on a budget is something that I think you have to deal with for the rest of your life. But I know what you are saying, the list of things I want/need grows faster than my measly checking account... Freakin tuition and books and crap

Yea, that is one thing I am surely looking forward too.. if I took that 200/month for the truck payment and put it into my IRA.. I would be sittin pretty down the road. Or if I took that 200 and put it into pathy upgrades, that woudl be trey sweet too.

• 2 years later...