95 pathfinder cracks in tire treads

fearkobe

Hello wanted to get your guys opinion on this more likely be get new tires but all 3 are like what you see in the image. The sidewalls itself doesnt have cracks. One tire is diffrent but the same size and in the front. I like these tires cause they look fatter than the other 31's. I'm looking into saving up for the hurcules brand. But heres my cracks in the treads. Thanks. IMG_20140801_130631.jpg

That's just dry rot, those are old tires...yep, you are due some new tires. Why not check out the TBC private brands eh? Actually, I think the treadwrights are in the same price category as the TBC and Hercules as well, if you want budget tires. Check this out, Cooper Cobra radial gt in a 255 70 15 for $90 a tire at Discount tire: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&fl=&tc=COPPA1&c=2&rcz=77598&pc=27887&ar=70&rf=true&rd=15&rc=TSEINT&cs=255

http://www.tbcprivatebrands.com/ they are all pretty much the same, I kinda like the look of the Wild Country XTX and the Trail Cutter rt, as those seem to be the most aggressive all terrains offered. Txpath4x4 has a set of the Hi-flys if you want an opinion of those, I wheeled with him once and he didn't get stuck...so they seemed to do okay.

Also, don't count out your local used tire shop, you can find some great deals on a set of used tires in some of those places. I've got a full set of Nitto Terra grapplers (3 actually, one is a Toyo Open country A/T2 but it's pretty close!) on my work truck with lots of tread, really good meat left on them, 4 tires 265 75 17s mounted and balanced for $200 dude, can't beat it.

I'm sorry, I forgot your link you posted showing those all tracs, those look good man, I liked a couple of those Herc tires, they look like they'd be good in wet weather and ride good, here you go, I found a link for these. http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=661

Edited by gv280z
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply i like the cooper cobra gt gotten 100k out of them on a car but im afraid to put those on a pathfinder might eat them up quick lol. Not a bad price though. I bought the hercules all trac for the rear of my t-100 seems to carry a loade and grips good. im also gonna check out that link. The tires seem ok that i got on there and i just use it around the area but once in a blue moon i drive it out of town. i was gonna take it on a 3hr trip.

Edited by fearkobe

I've bought used tires with good results several times. I am really liking my Treadwrights though. Right around $400 shipped to my door and have been great tires.

• Like 1

No, those are more aggressive than mine. Forget which style I got but they look like BFG KOs. They do really well in the loose sand we have here. Had them about two years.