Retrofitting parts

CDN_S4

DOHC is two cams per head for a total of four cams on a VQ35DE. SOHC is one can per head for a total of two cams on a VG33E.

Edited by JustinW
  • Like 1

DOHC is two cams per head for a total of four cams on a VQ35DE. SOHC is one can per head for a total of two cams on a VG33E.

Uhm...the VQ35 is DUEL overhead cams (DOHC). Two cams, but it is four valves per cyl. for a total of 24 valves. I don't think anything is interchangable with the VG33 that is SINGLE overhead cam (SOHC)...one cam and 2 valves per cyl. As for small block Chevys almost everything is interchangable. I've got mid 70's 307 with heads, intake, carb etc. from a late 60's 350 on it and any of it will interchange with the 1980 350 from my 3/4 ton truck that I have in my '74 Nova etc. etc.

Thats what i thought dang it haha is it just a different connector or different reading style cause if its a different connector but same wires i would swap it

on my gmc cut and spliced a whole fuse box with no issues because the po fried a few spots where he used wire instead of a fuse

Well i decided to check my bank account before i went over to get it and im glad i did cause im low on funds after buying 2 trailing arms 2 cv shafts and coils and trim pieces and still have to fill my car tank for next week

So it will have to wait till the 29th

Edited by thorpe991

I bought a tool for this years ago the has several little "arms" that extend from it, you just pick the one that fits over the pin you want to remove-big round, small round, big straight or small, square etc. and it pushes in the small tab that retains it in the connector and the wire just pulls out from the rear of the plug. To reinstall it you just bend the tab back out and it will lock back into the new connector. I think I got it fron CTC for about $10. It's come in very handy over the years.

Edited by kdj