Fuel gauge stuck at full

Djfob

Google wasn't much help, most others have issues with it always reading empty. Could it be the same problem with the fuel sender unit? Any input is appreciated. Btw no check engine light.

Sweet! You'll never run out of gas! Perpetual motion machine FTW! :dance:

Ok, it sounds like the float is stuck or the sender unit wires are compromised (not entirely unusual), at least on the WD21s. Seeing that you aare in corossive Canadia, it could well be part of the problem.

Do R50's have the access hatch in the rear under the carpet? I've not gone there myself.

Download the FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage section and see what it says about fuel pump/sender access...

B

I just bought this last week, during the test drive I was thinking to myself wow this thing is good on gas!

There looks to be an access cover under the carpet.

I'm pretty sure there is an access hole under one of the back seats. At least I remember seeing it there last time I looked. Probably the same side the gas door is on.

The access door is under the carpet beneath the rear driver side passenger seat. I'd check to make sure the ground wire on the sending unit is good if the float proves to be "un stuck".