New to me 94

I'll admit it. I'm a recovering Toyota guy. However, I recently got a 2013 Frontier for my wife, and just a few hours ago, picked up a nice 94 Pathfinder for myself. We're planning a long drive down the Mexican Baja, over to Mazatlan on the fiery, and staying at our land in Sayulita for one year. We have about a year before we depart so plenty of time to get familiar with, and rebuild anything that needs my attention. Happy to find this soon to be valuable online resource.

Details:

1994 Nissan pathfinder se v-6

• 5 speed Manuel with 2wd/4wd hi-lo

• Sunroof with almost perfect interior

• Power windows and locks

• Wheels are in great shape with plenty of tread

• 
Paint and body are in great shape

• Cold A/C

2 owner car with 172,000 miles and still runs like brand new

Wow man, that sounds like fun! Exciting stuff you guys are planning, I'm sure one of our residents TheExBrit can help you figure how to pack an extra 1000 pounds of gear on to that truck for your trip. This will be interesting progress to follow. :) Glad you found the site and can start getting all your bugs worked out.

My name's Greg.

(I'm old Greg!!!)

Welcome, and congrats on the new pathy!

Sounds like you are in decent shappe with that set up. I'd advise changing all the fluids, since who knows when they were done, and particularly the tranny fluid which should be filled with GL-4 ONLY and with 5.1liters. This addresses possible bearing starvation; you leave the fill plug in and pour it into the shifter hole! :lol: (TSB in the Garage/TSB section)

Also, download the FSM from the thread pinned in the Garage section, it will be your new friend. ;)

B

Welcome to the forum !

If you are looking for an economic and scalable solution for a rear lift or level your truck, come and visit http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.php (near the bottom of the page)

* we also make custom stickers * http://4x4design.com/Stickers_Decals.html - Just ask for quote !

Cheers.

Steve.