How do I disable the alarm?

cbjdriles

I have been searching through this site as well as a general internet search for help on disabling the alarm. I have a 94 Pathfinder XE. We bought it from my uncle for $500. He did not have the keyless entry FOB's when he sold it to us. I have unplugged both connectors that go to/from the box under the driver's seat. The alarm will still go off with those disconnected. Can any of you please give me advice on how to disable the stupid alarm??? Thank You!!

You can actually remove and deactivate the whole alarm entirely quite easily. The control unit is under the drivers seat. Pull out the seat and unplug the units two electrical connectors. You will see two wires going into the harness that are much thicker then the rest. These are the starter disable wires. Cut both of the wires off the harness and join them to each other with a good solid connector or solder and then tape it up well. Remove the alarm control unit. There you go. Now it's just like your truck never came with it and the wiring is all there ready to go if you ever want to have an aftermarket one installed.