33" tires, re-gearing & other stuff

theexbrit

That caR50 is looking good, Mr Canadian/Brit/x-pat... :D

Where is the blender and microwave though, I can't see them. :tongue:

^^ Precise1, do you have any pictures of the 31x10.5 setup? I'm very new at the 4x4 game, and I'm looking around for a decent setup, I'd say 32's max as I'm only planning on a 2" lift with spacers from fleury. What size rim is recommended for this setup? I'm mainly looking for width, typical size being 15x7. Is anyone running 15x10 on a 10.5-11 wide tire? Or would the tire need to be much wider than the rim? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm well versed in car modifying where often the tires are more narrow than the rim, or equal width... please educate me. And sorry for thread jacking, just trying to keep the info consolidated instead of spread over multiple threads.

The set up I was talking about is actually on a WD21, not an R50, but I did run 31' tires on that as well briefly. Both fit adequately stock on both vehicles, with minor adjustments/modifications. I switched back to the 265/70/15 Yokohama A/T tires on the stock alloys for the R50 to maintain mileage and ride quality, it is not used offroad.

I think you got your answer from Mr Beatup, no?

B

• Like 1

That caR50 is looking good, Mr Canadian/Brit/x-pat... :D

Where is the blender and microwave though, I can't see them. :tongue:

B

Thanks B.

I have a blender built into my cooler, working on the microwave as we speak..........

coolest620x350_zpsb58c0ed5.jpg

1246522937089_hz_myalibaba_web9_7617_zps

I have the 2" AC lift springs plus a 1" spacer on the front, here's what it looks like with 33's...........

2013-12-01150256_zps3322b487.jpg

These steelies are 15x8 with 3.75 back spacing, the tires are 33x12.5x15 Duratracs.

highres_335165182_zps60b1487b.jpg

Your truck is awesome!

The tires in the second pic seem to look much wider than in the first pic, is it just a photo thing, or different setup?

• Like 1

Thanks!

Took a while to get it looking this way, just ask B :laugh:

They do look wider in pic #2, same tires though. Must just be an optical illusion. :scratchhead::shrug:

Took a while to get it looking this way, just ask B :laugh:

They do look wider in pic #2, same tires though. Must just be an optical illusion. :scratchhead::shrug:

Oh, I recall what it looked like at first, and the evolution. ;)

Still, a job well done... :beer:

I think they are more aired down, note the slight sidewall bulge at the bottom? Either that, or TheexBrit has the swamp cooler, trampoline and kitchen sink along for the ride... :lol:

B

• Like 1

Oh, I recall what it looked like at first, and the evolution. ;)

Still, a job well done... :beer:

I think they are more aired down, note the slight sidewall bulge at the bottom? Either that, or TheexBrit has the swamp cooler, trampoline and kitchen sink along for the ride... :lol:

B

I believe you are correct sir, the first photo is when they had just been installed & were inflated at the tire shop, in the second photo they have been aired down to about 20lbs. very observant of you young Jedi.

PS. Now you've got me thinking about swamp coolers, sinks & things!! :laugh:

Edited by theexbrit