Got a 01 in the shop yesterday

byob

114_zpsf255fc2a.jpg

So a 01 came in yesterday. This is what I see with the 4th gen Nissan Consult. This client has multiple concerns all typical with the R50's. The ign codes are typical in all the 3.5 engines and will cause the p0303. The timing dtc could be caused by low or no oil. The mas could be internal. With the proper filtration cleaning is not the option. In a perfect situation the mas will never need to be "cleaned" . This truck has 180,000 miles and has been poorly maintained. More pics of common problems coming

Edited by byob

Wow, that's a lot of different codes, I wonder if they're all related to the same one culprit.

I have an eternal P0505 ever since I cleaned the ICV with the idle high. It doesn't always come on after a reset, sometimes weeks go by but it eventually always returns despite my manual idle relearn multiple times. I guess I should bring it to ya for a Consult relearn :)

All the dtcs are separate except for the coil and misfire. The target idle speed on mans is 625 and 700 on autos +/- 50rpms. If it keeps coming back try cleaning the throttle body and make sure the tps voltage is below .50 at idle and showing closed. No loads and no one has messed with the factory idle set screw. If all else get a new aicv. I can relearn it for nada. Here is a typical rear main leaking at idle

117_zps0133cb15.jpg

Edited by byob

So, did it have oil in it?

I really liked using Consult. 3+ is freaking awesome and pretty quick. There are a lot worse tools out there(ford IDS, Toyota Techstream).

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

The client just bought all six coils as soon as I get the drivability done I will get to the rest. C3P has come a long way and $10,000 for the complete kit it better work well

The client just bought all six coils as soon as I get the drivability done I will get to the rest. C3P has come a long way and $10,000 for the complete kit it better work well

$10k holy cow, I thought if I found one for under $500 I might get one but dang. Do you work at an independent repair shop or Nissan dealership?

I am a shop foreman at a Nissan Dealership. We just bought a Toughbook c19 that cost $3500 alone. I need to buy a vi and just the basic hardware to get it running. The security card is $400