fuel injector woes

i keep having fuel injector, go bad on me . is it a weak link in the chain type of thing?

i replaced #3 with a new one a while back

then i got my haul of used parts , so when #4 went , i just rebuilt the one rail with 3 of the best looking injector of 8 available.

now #5 is bad. whats going on?????????

Just getting old? How many miles on it?

Crappy gas? Fuel filter letting crap through?

How do they fail? What is the resistance readings when they do?

In 3 Pathys over 70k miles, I've only had one injector fail. :shrug:

B

i have no clue what miles are,vss is moody and sometime doesn't work. she reads 125xxx , who know how real that is.

im getting a 51 code each time , i made a tester with a old injector end ,a bit of wire , and 9v, listen for a click. i only have my toolbag analog meter and the ohms setting is more like continuity. im replacing my digital multimeter this evening . i put leads on all three , the first two have continuibut the third one,the needle does not move

what i cant understand , there is less that 200 mile between the 3 injectors

fuel is being replaced when i swap injectors this time.

Intermittent injector pulse? I know that mine is off and on and not dependant on humidity, pressure or temperature. Vibration, maybe but we have roads that make dirt looks like glass so I can't tell..... either way I have noticed that ALL of the plastic housing, wrap and electrical tape are dry and crusty so I suspect either an intermittent ground or intermittent electrical contact in the wire itself.... and because I hate doing electrical work so that is another reason that it's probably an electrical issue...

But that just me having a rant and not of any real diagnostic value!

Intermittent injector pulse? I know that mine is off and on and not dependant on humidity, pressure or temperature. Vibration, maybe but we have roads that make dirt looks like glass so I can't tell..... either way I have noticed that ALL of the plastic housing, wrap and electrical tape are dry and crusty so I suspect either an intermittent ground or intermittent electrical contact in the wire itself.... and because I hate doing electrical work so that is another reason that it's probably an electrical issue...

But that just me having a rant and not of any real diagnostic value!

i rule very small out. i hoping it parts wearing out. as long as its on the easy side , i can keep swapping them out , since have 4 more to go, tested cleaned and ready to go.

i messed up the numbers before,

4 was replace new

135 rail was rebuilt

ok the reading :

1. 14,8

3 14.7

5. OL

the 4 spares,

does that tell anyone anything???

i know the range is 10-20

^correct.

i messed up the numbers before,

4 was replace new

135 rail was rebuilt

ok the reading :

1. 14,8

3 14.7

5. OL

the 4 spares,

does that tell anyone anything???

i know the range is 10-14.

Just so people don't get confused in the future. :aok:

Sounds like they are all good to me, other than #5 of course. I do find it odd that you have had 3 fail in what is basically 1 tank full. Bad gas or maybe someone dumped something in your tank? :shrug:

B