Rugged Rocks vs. Rocky Road

linewar

Anyone have any opinions on doing business with either of these? Looking at getting an OME suspension kit put together, and the price is only about $50 different between the two. I like Rugged because they're an active vendor here, but Rocky Road is cheaper. . . .

Rugged Rocks: https://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-wd21-r50-r51-lift-kits-suspension-c-38_593.html?osCsid=hu1bnl4vil9sei2qk47rch3vj6

Rocky Road: http://www.rocky-road.com/nissan-pathfinder-lift-kit.html

Truth be told I was more interested in Ironman, but according to Steven at Rugged, Ironman is in the middle of some kind of North American reorganization and it will be hard to get products from them for the forseeable future.

Mods: I didn't post this in the R50 section because both companies provide products for other MY Pathfinders, but if it needs to be moved, I understand.

Edited by linewar

I know that guy!

Good talking to you on the phone today. I can call ironman to see where they are at with everything as well. But a few members here may be able to give you some real life feedback on ironman vs ome on an r50

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hah!! I got fount out!!

I did get some feedback, that's why I was looking Ironman. I'm not in it as much for the height as for the ride quality and it seems that Ironman offers a better balance of ride quality and height versus OME.

Your price is not that much different than Rocky Road, but I haven't seen Rocky Road on the board either. :)

Your price is not that much different than Rocky Road, but I haven't seen Rocky Road on the board either. :)

Which is enough reason for me :lol:

In seriousness, if done minor transactions with Steeeeeeeeeeeeevo/Rugged Rocks and have had 0 issues/complaints (And gladly have his RR logo sticker on both WhiteOwl and my Blazer. I should order one for the Lebaron :lol: ). I've personally never dealt with Rocky Road so I am 100% biased with my opinion though, although if my need comes for something I can't/don't want to make myself arises again, it will be Rugged Rocks (or a factory part through Alkorahil, but that's a different scenario) taking my money

Rocky Road is based out of state, Colorado IIRC, and have mixed reviews; mainly with customer service, not product. I dealt with them years ago when I bought my Thorley headers and had a good experience, not to mention the lowest price at the time.

Since then I've dealt with Steeeeeev0 at Rugged Rocks a few times and fully endorse him as well. Good prices, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly guy, local (in state), likes jazz, moonlit walks on the beach, cuddling by the fire... :shrug:

It comes down to if the vendor has what you want, and what the prices are, no shame in that. All else being roughly equal, I'll always recommend using a member and enthusiasts services before another.

Seriously, have you seen his Pathy? :ohno01:

B

Good feedback. I lean toward dealing with a member as well; in fact that's why I called him in the first place.

Steve, if you get some info from Ironman, I'd like to know. I'm targeting an August time-frame for the build, so there's plenty of time.

Used Steeve from Rugged Rocks for my rear OME springs. His customer service was superb, and even helped me buy literally the last R50 springs in stock on the West Coast, with extremely cheap shipping (might've even been free) even. I can't give enough props to this guy, highly recommended.

RockyRoad on the other hand seems to be hit and miss.