New to NPORA

Kathy

Hi! I'm delighted to find this site, but I wonder if anyone is still out there? I'm no mechanic but would like to be able to talk with my wonderful long-time general mechanic about issues that have had us stumped. I've had the rocking side-to-side issues at highway speeds and we are trying the solution posted here some time back. My Pathy is 15 years old and it has been the best ride ever--until just the past few months. I'd like to hold on to it a little longer--it only has 129,000 miles on it. Thanks!

Hello Kathy, welcome to NPORA!

This post was in a rather obscure thread and wouldn't have been seen by many, so I split it off into it's own thread.

We have a 1999.0 as well with 176k miles on it. It needs a little suspension work, but runs flawlessly. No reason you can't still drive yours for many years to come! ;)

About the highway 'death wobble' as it is affectionately known, that usually caused by the bushings in the rear trailing arms (hold the rear axle in place) being worn out. I'm sure others will chime in, and poke aound in the R50 FAQ section off of the main page.

B

That seems like relatively low mileage for the dreaded "death wobble". My 99.5 is 400 miles away from breaking the 200k barrier and has no such symptoms. :shrug:

Who knows? Different climates could be the difference. Was your Pathy a northern transplant maybe?

... oh, and welcome to NPORA!