Lifts available?

csutke

So its been a while since I was active on here. I currently have a 97 SE but I used to have a 98 XE with the 2" AC lift. That was back in 06-07, so its been a while since Ive looked at the lifts that are available for the R50. I have been looking around and see that there is a bunch of places to get spacers and the AC lift is still out there. I was wondering what is new in the R50 world. My current pathy has 161k miles on the stock suspension and is sagging. Im looking to replace the suspension and hopefully convince the wife that a lift is the way to go. I dont really want to go over 2" and i do tow an ATV trailer a few times a year so towing is also something to keep in mind.

Also when looking at the AC lift it says that new wheels with different backspacing is required, whys this? I have the six spoke stock wheels now and dont want to have to buy new wheels as well as the lift.

TIA

Well Fleury's 2" spacers (4x4design.com) is certainly wallet friendly, it's how I convinced my own wife to let me do it. Like you saw the AC lift is still there, and if you're wanting to do a coil lift, probably the best money wise.

+1 for Fleury's spacers.

If your still up for replacing springs, I've been very happy with my IronMan set up. the other alternative is Old Man Emu. I've never been able to understand why AC recommends new wheels for taller/stiffer springs. you should only need them if you were installing larger than stock tires.

I was looking at some of the ome coils and see that they have a weight rating, what does this mean? Also I'm guessing that with the ome kits that new shocks and struts are needed? What about with fleurys kits?