Hello from boston.

Hello everyone my name is david, i'm actually new to the pathfinder family, i recently bought a 1999 nissan Pathfinder SE with 115k miles. I couldn't be happier i instantly fell in love with the car. Nissans are so powerful. I plan to upgrade my truck to be able to go off-roading while being able to drive highway and city. Thank you for your time and i'm glad to now be a member.

Hi David and welcome to the Club. In regards to your truck, you can do all those things you mentioned right now without making any modifications, except maybe a good set of all terrain tires and you could possibly go an inch or two larger than what you have now, maybe. If your ride is a 4x4 then it's ready to go, Nissan designed them pretty well and they are quite capable in stock config. Just take some time with it, get to know your truck and get into it gradually, find some good trails, splash through some mud puddles and try out the 4 wheel.

These trucks are a bit different than all the other lifted big tire trucks you see on the road...I can't really explain it, maybe someone else can do a better job than I.

Welcome David, thanks for joining and saying Hi! :aok:

The R50 doesn't have a lot of aftermarket support, but there are a few simple tricks that go a long way. Manual front hubs will increase gas mileage and reduce wear to front components, lift springs and spacers can give you a little more clearance, as well as rims and tires. Tires. Tires... Tires are one of the biggest and most overlooked improvements. If you can't get it to hook up to the ground, you don't have squat.

Take some time to look around and get ideas, it has all been well documented.

B

Thanks everyone ! Yeah i bought the truck and its has LT 245 75 16s which i personally think its to heavy for the truck i need lighter tires. I recently replaced the front brakes the front struts both front cv axles and a ball joint on the right side, Had my mechanic do them. About the manual front hubs where could i buy the whole assembly? :o It also has a tire swing assembly but the guy i bought it off took it off for some odd reason and stuck the spare underneath lol So i gotta get my hands on one of those.

http://www.townfairtire.com/tftLargeTirePicture.aspx?hdr=General%20Grabber%20AT2&hdr2=&img=http://www.townfairtire.com/images/tires/general/grabber%20at2_z.jpg&imgt=http://www.townfairtire.com/images/tires/general/grabber%20at2_t.jpg&vno=6&mno=1265 I was thinking of going with 4 of those, they seem like u can go off-road and also city-highway driving. Tell me what you guys think . Thank you!

You'll get it there, just be patient.

Thanks everyone ! Yeah i bought the truck and its has LT 245 75 16s which i personally think its to heavy for the truck i need lighter tires. I recently replaced the front brakes the front struts both front cv axles and a ball joint on the right side, Had my mechanic do them. About the manual front hubs where could i buy the whole assembly? :o It also has a tire swing assembly but the guy i bought it off took it off for some odd reason and stuck the spare underneath lol So i gotta get my hands on one of those.

http://www.townfairtire.com/tftLargeTirePicture.aspx?hdr=General%20Grabber%20AT2&hdr2=&img=http://www.townfairtire.com/images/tires/general/grabber%20at2_z.jpg&imgt=http://www.townfairtire.com/images/tires/general/grabber%20at2_t.jpg&vno=6&mno=1265 I was thinking of going with 4 of those, they seem like u can go off-road and also city-highway driving. Tell me what you guys think . Thank you!

You have a couple options for hubs... Warn, Mile Marker and ABV (or something like that, I'm not familiar with them). You can get the Mile Marker manual hub assemblies at 4wheelparts.com on sale for about $90. Pretty hard to beat that, PN is 435 IIRC, but please verify.

Look in the Classifieds/For Sale and Free sections, there are a couple of people with carriers that have no use for them.

I've heard good things about the General Grabbers, and they look like a good compromise for you, especially with the snow service rating.

B

Yeah exactly we just got over winter here so , nothing but off-roading and fishing for me. I've never been off-roading but i'm going to definitly start now. once i get my truck set up. I need help with a couple of things though.

The truck has a pair of Lt' tires i kno there too heavy , will keeping them on for a little bit damage the truck? or any components with the suspension and body, and recently the service engine light came on, hooked it up to my scanner and its a P0138 code which is heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2, any idea on the code and the fix would it be a DIY fix? or should i take to the mechanics, i just recently made an appointment to get the tires mounted and aligned so i should have those general grabbers on the truck fairly soon. And is there anything else i could do to get my truck prepped up for off-road i'd love a list of things. That will definitly help and be greatly appreciated Thanks for everyones help.

The tires won't hurt anything but your mileage.

That O2 sensor is on the passenger side, downstream of the cat. It should be an easy change unless it is rusted in place, so your call if you want to deal with it.

Go to the Garage section, to the pinned Faactory Service Manual thread and download your own PDF copy for free. Then go to page EC-210 through EC-215 for the full diagnostic proceedure. ;)

If you want to go off road, you may want to decide if you want larger tires mounted, if you want to install lift springs and/or strut spacers and perhaps skid plates. ZI recommend you go to the Members Rides section at the bottom to see what other people have done. ;)

B