1977 280Z, Watery Oil, Need Advice

ferrariowner123

Its a rally that is put on by the MG car club, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want. According to them, its the biggest car rally in the west coast, over 200 something cars. Ranging from 1920's Le Mons bodied Bentley's, to Lambo's, Contach power SUV, to the Delorean that was in Macklemore's thrift shop video. You don't even need something special to enter, the first year my dad and I entered, we went in his 2002 Acura TL!

But the rally isn't about getting from point A to point B as quick as you can, its more like a scavenger hunt. You get a trip guide at the beginning of the rally with riddles along the way, (everyone usually brings a co-driver), in addition to directions to the final meeting point, it has some fun driving roads and some really fun riddles. My favorite from last year was "This black cat, is cold and tired"(something along those lines). It was a black, 1965 Jaguar XKE partially cover by a tarp next to a barn on the side of the road. Its good fun, I'm going with a friend of mine in the BMW E30 im babysitting, my parents are going in the Z, I've got another friend trying to go and bring his 1970 Triumph Spitfire, and hes going to loan his Porsche 944 Turbo to his wife's, parents so they can hopefully go.

Just trying to get the two cars closest to me ready for the rally. The Z has been my main focus, BMW is next on the chopping block with some minor maintenance stuff.

-Kyle

My sister and I used to host one every year. Speed and time didn't count just mileage. Clues to the route you took, mostly all back roads, missing a clue would add extra miles. We had some guys that finished a 60 mile route with only 5 miles on their car, they had unhooked their odometer. There were trivia questions and a scavenger hunt with a award ceremony, B,B,Q. and band after. One of the funniest questions I remember was "Name the seven dwarves" you wouldn't believe some of the answers given.