Stiffer Suspension?

Rustybux

I have a 94 XE. My son has a 93XE. Did they put stiffer suspension on the 94 compared to the 93? Mine rides more like a truck and his is smoother on the road. Just wondering why mine is stiffer.

Does yours have the adjustable shock absorbers? does his? There would be a switch in the center console on your 94 and I think on the 93 it may be in the dash.

The amount the torsion bars are cranked up would effect the ride as well as the tires also

tires make a huge difference and that's one thing most people don't realize. Both of your trucks should have the exact same suspension, but depending on mileage, one could have more wear than the other.

Yep! Spring sag (front and rear), shocks, tires type, tire size, tire pressure, mileage, bushing conditions... A lot of things contribute.

Do a few simple things like compare the tires and shocks, mileage and overall height. Measure to the body crease at all 4 corners on both trucks and see what difference there is.

B

My truck ( soon to be not mine !! LOL), with the Falken Rocky Mountain tires I put on it, on the sport or comfort shock position rides so smooth !! Can't believe how nice it rides every time I drive it !