Bug shield help!

Hello,

I purchased an AVS bug shield for my 2004 pathfinder. I've run into some issues and was hoping some of you had experience with it. The screw holes on the far right and left side line up with a factory hole in the hood (about the size of a quarter) so I'm not able to use the screws in those spots. Also, there is rubber lining under the hood, did you use that and stick the shield underneath that rubber and then attatch it? I called AVS and they aren't much help. They want me to send pictures of the hood and under the hood... Let me know if you have any sugestions, I tried putting in into the rubber lining and it makes shutting the hood very difficult. I couldn't get it to close, but didn't put too much pressure on it as I didn't want to break the plastic.

I've never done this, but consider whether you might need to cut the rubber out from around the plastic so you don't double-stack them.

As for the holes in the hood, seems like you might just need to drill new holes in the bug shield nearby the provided holes....just a little customizing.

I've got a bug shield on mine...but it came that way...I'll go out in the morning and have a look to see how it's mounted..hopefully I can take a clear picture.....not sure what brand it is but it has taken a beating with snow and ice and is still looking good. my window flares on the other hand are broken and held together with tarp tape...lol.

Yeah, that is how mine is mounted. The factory rubber strip covers my acrylic bug shield mounting points. If the hood is difficult to close, simply turn the two large rubber hood stops a couple of turns clockwise (tighten them down) to make up for the extra cushion.