Cb mount location

JoeDirt

I don't have a CB but am looking into one at the moment. As far as the mount, you could put it under your seat, in the cubbie on the left hand side of the steering column, or perhaps in the center console. For antennas, it seems like the best reception comes when it's mounted on the roof. Wilson makes a high quality magnetic unit, which is apparently worth the little bit of extra dough.

Hope it helps!

My cb is the Cobra 75WXST, everything is in the handle with a very small unit that I put next to shifter under the plastic trim... Antenna cable is passed from inside , in the hood area, comes out in the the front grill and I made an adapter for my bull bar...

I think this is the smalled foot print for a cb... very worth it if you ask me..

S.

dcp_1635.jpg

dcp_1636.jpg

dcp_1621.jpg

• Like 2

I took down my drivers side sun visor and mounted the cb up there. It is a good location because I can see it and access all of the controls easily. I did have to be careful when mounting it to make sure my head could never hit it. That might just be a problem for me though since I am 6' 5". I made a small sun visor to fold down beside the cb to replace the one I took down. I'll try and take some pictures of it if I can remember.

I put mine next to the shifter, passenger side left leg angled to the drivers view. Looks pretty clean. I'd post but I'm on my phone. So maybe tomorrow :)

Oh and my cb antenna is drilled and mounted into my rear bumper drivers side. :)

Edited by Kyle94