Mounting winch

hagge

Hi!

Has anyone mounted a winch on a wd21?

I don't think the stock bumper brackets would hold???

Instructions and/or pictures would help a lot.

I don't want to buy a prefab winch bull bar.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Sorry, but you haven't looked around much, have you? :D

I am in the process of removing and modeling a winch type bumper, mounting portions to grill at least. You can wait for that or poke around a bit with the search function to find what pre-exists. :beer:

B

• Like 1

Yes there's heaps on here about it. At the very least you will get some ideas as to what is possible and what you may do. When I modified mine I used about sections and hints from maybe three different write ups.

Best thing to do is search, read, refine your search, read, form a plan and then maybe ask.

Personally- I have an Australian "Gardbar" and used a combination of an ARB type chassis mount, cross bracing and ideas from some of the builds on here.

But tacked it all then got a certified welder to weld it all up for me.

Benefits of having a mate who used to build race-cars for a living- welding skills are beyond belief!!

Good luck

Ok, Thanks!

Sorry for not searching properly first...

I tried a bit, but sometimes i struggle with the English...at least the tech English terms.

Will look around!

Hey, I have to appoligize too you. I didn't realize you were in Sweden. I don't know what you have for parts or mechanical support. There are a few websites that say they have winch bumpers or mount. I'm looking into having a front hitch mounted on, then I can use a winch cradle and use it on either end of truck. Again please excuse my ignorance.

Ok, Thanks!

Sorry for not searching properly first...

I tried a bit, but sometimes i struggle with the English...at least the tech English terms.

Will look around!

Yes, sorry, I didn't take that into account as your English is better than some born in the US.

I will be removing my bumper today and will take pictures as well, so I will have plenty of information for you shortly...

B