Aussie needs help: 265/75/16s on 16x7s

SMOKEYR50

Hey all,

Hoping you can help - and before you stop reading - I have searched for HOURS and can't find a definitive answer.

I need to know if this wheel/tyre combo will stick out from the body at all. In Australia our road laws say the wheel or tyre must not protrude from the profile of the vehicle - and the cops take great joy in enforcing that.

I have a 2002 Ti, which I believe is the same as your LE. It has the factory fender flares.

It's currently lifted approx 3inches using Tough Dog springs and 35mm (roughly 1.5 inch in your money) alloy strut spacers, 2 inch springs and airbags in the rear.

I have 16x7 wheels with a -13mm offset. Which from my research is a 3.5" backspace.

I want to run 265/75/16s (basically a 32" but a tiny but narrower) and wondering if someone can clear up for me if it will/won't hang out the guards.

If so, maybe I need to go 245/75/16s.......but I don't wanna cos bigger is better. Right!?

Thanks mates!

I have some wheels for

That translates roughly to a 31X10.5X16

Which is what just about everyone runs for tires on stock height, and they do protrude,

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/

This thread clears that up...

I know they will poke because i run that size tire in my duratacs and they poke past the 1st gen R50 flares which are wider than the 2nd gen flares, which is you have...

-Kyle

Thanks for that. I had been through that thread previously but not been able to find any side on shots of this size setup or any comments about profile.

This guy on the pcoa boards is running this setup (265/75/16 on 16x8 +0)and seems to think it doesn't stick out.....which is why I am confused.

http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9391

Sorry, not exactly what you are asking for, BUT I have a 2001 LE and here are the 16x8 rims with 3.75" BS with 265/70/16 BFG AT's (30.7" tall) with a 10.6" section width and less than 9" tread width.

My point, they were on the brink of sticking beyond the flares...but they didn't.

0704001222.jpg

IMG_4507.JPG

Thanks Rick, that's pretty helpful actually.

Your tyre width is the same, and the backspacing close....but slightly more inboard than a 3.5".

Safe to say if yours were line all then mine will be slightly out. But not so bad that I will be cop bait.......hmmm

'Hellaflush'?? Gosh I hate that term..... Haha

What's your setup specifically, deltaR50??

I'm going to pull the trigger on the tyres pretty soon, just waiting on my wheel nuts to arrive from the UK so I can assemble the wheels and seal them up.

enuty9up.jpg

Edited by SMOKEYR50

they wont stick out. i have the same set up. they are perfectly "flushed" lol

Don't you have 245/75/16s? On stock tri-stars??

That's not really the same setup.....I'm asking about 265/75/16s on aftermarket wheels with a much lower offset.....or have I missed something?

Nvm bro mah bad haha. I thought i read 245 instead of 265. They probably would stick out a lil bit around 2 inches from the flares

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't you have 245/75/16s? On stock tri-stars??

That's not really the same setup.....I'm asking about 265/75/16s on aftermarket wheels with a much lower offset.....or have I missed something?

I'm running aftermarket wheels now. Kinda flush though haha

Check my build thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks really good. I really like the color of the ARB. Strong work.

Thanks Rick.

Bit of a side story....I got the ARB colour coded recently. Got a brand new bar through insurance as my previous bar got the crush can collapsed when I rear-ended a chick who decided to 'brake-check' me. Needless to say, the ARB made light work of her hatchback and caved the whole rear end in.....serves her right. Not a scratch on the bar, but because there was a 5mm deflection in the crush can on the LHS (designed to absorb impact) they replaced the whole bar as I guess they recognise the crush can as being integral to the airbag system.

I had a dash-cam installed, which saved me a lot of hassle as I was able to demonstrate with video evidence that I was 100% not at fault and I'm pretty sure she got in a fair bit of trouble as a result.

It was testament to the strength and engineering of the ARB bars. I am convinced they're worth the money.