Correct me if I'm wrong

AZ_Pathfinder

Not everyone has the same lift on R50s. There are a few to choose from...

1.AC lift coils x4

2. AC lift coils + spacers front only or x4

3. OME lift coils x4

4. OME lift coils + spacers front only or x4

5. Iron Man lift coils x4

6. Iron Man lift coils +spacers front only or x4

7. Stock springs + spacers in various thicknesses from 4x4designs (.5 to 2in i believe)

8. Sub frame drop via Krypton Fab or home built with JEEP springs in back.

9. Any combo of lift coils and SFD with JEEP springs and spacers in rear.

10. Major surgery of a solid axle swap in the front and lifting the rear to match.

Oh yah and add to that various wheel and tire size combos to also affect how high the truck looks like it is sitting.

I'll have to agree that the post face lift ('00'04) do look like they have a longer "nose" and the approach angle seems shallower.

Yeah I'm just referring to the AC lift. It just seems like most of the pre facelift R50's with the 2 inch AC lift look higher than a post facelift R50 with the same AC 2 inch lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pre facelift Pathy lacks the fender "wrap around" plastic flares. I gained an extra "visual" inch of lift by removing my flares. I didn't remove mine for this fact. I removed them because my tires were rubbing the paint off of them at full flex (rear only). I am certain that this is what you have noticed on everyone's pics.

• Like 1

i think the post fl r50s have a squareer bumper at the bottom where the pre fl r50s have a more rounded bumper at the bottom that gives the pre fl r50s the taller look

Edited by thorpe991