Help!

AZ_Pathfinder

So I searched for hours for this, I plan on doing a subframe drop, not sure if I'm doing just the 4 inch or the AC Coil + 4 inch for 6 inch, can I use the pro comp 929500 ES9000 shock which is Extended Length: 29.83 Inch; Collapsed Length: 17.32 Inch with just the 4 inch subframe drop?? Or would this be too long, is it only recommended for the 6 inch lift? I want to make sure I have lots of flex out back but I dont want it to like unseat the spring or mess up the drive shaft. Thanks in advance, and yes the exact answer I could not find using the search function, I promise I tried, lol!

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

EDITED!!

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32456-suggestions-for-new-rear-shocks-looking-at-rancho-rs9000xl/

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31500-shocks-for-sfd/

Quoting XPLORX4

Stock shock length is about 14" compressed and 24" extended, so add the amount of lift you're getting to those numbers to find the correct shock dimensions.

He could not have said it better

So getting something with an 18" compressed and 28" extended is what you want, and you probably found the closest to that.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

I would think that if your new shock only compresses to a length of 17.x inches, that you would want to also make sure that compression is limited by a modified bump stop so that it's not your shock body that is forced to stop the vehicle's downward force in a big hit. (or your tires, assuming you are upsizing them...but that's not good either).