New to the Pathy World

AtvStalker

Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I am a Jeeper in a Pathfinder world lol. I don't know JACK about the pathy other than its not as popular as my jeeps were with aftermarket support, but that's okay because I know how to turn a wrench and weld so I am used to making what I want for my vehicles (that and Im cheap lol). Only thing I know is its a 1996 4x4 5sp with 258k miles. Runs strong with no drivetrain noises. It does have some type of lift w/ coil isolators and coils, ranchero shocks. It does have a LSD rear diff. Other than that I have no other info on it. The guy I bought if from got it the way it looks now from a buddy who may or maynot have done the work. The guy I bought it from never knew how to engage 4wheel drive so the years he had it, it never went off-road.

I am curious as to the trim level and ways to evolve it into what its name says "PATH FINDER"... It is a DD and I DON"T do mud. What I do do is go places the bigger vehicles can't (hence reason I am a jeeper)...

... I have a bunch of questions and will as I always do with a new vehicle; search the living heck outta the web for answers to my questions but the ones that I can't find I will look to this community. Please let me know what info you need from me to figure trim level, lift, etc and lets start a GREAT relationship!!!

Oh yea and I am in SC (Columbia area) and am always looking for riding pals!!!!!

Let me be the first to wecome you. There is a section here for the '96-2004 R50's. Lots of info all over the place. Enjoy and don't be surpised if someone asks you to post some pictures!

Welcome Chris, and congrats on your 'new' Pathy. It'll never be a Jeep but that can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it... ;)

It sounds like you have a good start on fixing it up the way you want and I'd be surprised if any other info you need isn't here. I hope you enjoy your new ride, and I think you will.

B

well Im trying to upload with photo bucket but image attachment link is freezing on me...ill look through faq and tech issues for this website...opinions on this ill take to lol

well Im trying to upload with photo bucket but image attachment link is freezing on me...ill look through faq and tech issues for this website...opinions on this ill take to lol

just copy (ctrl-c) the IMG link from photobucket, and when you get back here, you can paste it directly in your post....have a try.

S.

forum link freezes and when I hit "x" it says: some options have changed, are you sure you want to exit. I hit okay and nothing... still looking through archives to find solution