speedometer cable

Steve_RI

Been there done that ! In My sentra anyway, yup that's the problem. The cables seemed to have gone way up in price recently from the dealer I paid around $30 for the one for my car about 8 years ago and now it's over $100 !!!

I pulled one from a junkyard, works good as new. PF one may be cheaper, Just looked the cable up, not sure of your particulars but it came up around $52 from an online dealer.

Edited by ahardb0dy

I've never done it on the pathfinder ( or hardbody). but on my sentra I did it from inside running it out to the engine compartment, not sure on the PF cable but the sentra has a big rubber grommet on the cable and you can only put it in one way, I'm sure the pathfinder cable has the same thing on it.

• 3 months later...

I hate to leave these threads hanging.....finally got around to installing this cable. It was super tight to deal with at the firewall due to the intake on the VG30E, but I was able to coax it in. A 10mm ratchet box wrench came in handy here.

where does the cable start and where does it end? I have the same engine 1994 pathy and my trip and odometer stopped working months ago, assuming its the sensor/cable. lol