Cant Find a #$*&! Shock Part Number!

Ballsie

I have ordered everything I need for my 2" lift except the rear shocks. Everyone talks about Rancho 5000's, 9000's, Pro Comp ES3000's, Bilstien, etc... but nobody shows any part numbers for fitting an R50 with a 2" lift.

I want a decent shock that wont break the bank. Moreso, I just want to get them ordered today. I dont want a shock that I will have to jury rig or make home depot runs to get them to fit. I dont want to mount it upside down.

Ive read COUNTLESS threads of what people are running, but no part numbers.

Doesn anyone have an actual shock model number AND part number that bolts right up to an R50 with a 2" lift? Im not interested in articulation. This is my wifes truck that I take out to my deer lease. 99% onroad. Id love to stick with my stock shocks as they only have about 10k miles on them.

Who can help me? Thanks in advance!

Stock shock:

14" compressed

24" extended

Top Mount : E2 (12x42)

Bottom Mount: E2 (16x42)

I'm pretty sure any shock that fits the R50 will work and I would be in a state of shock if one of the supposed offroad specific shocks DIDN'T fit a 2" lift, which is less than mild by comparison. Just go to JC Whitney or Auto parts warehouse and enter your vehicle, here I'll do it for you:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/??D=rancho+-+shock+absorber+and+strut+assembly&Dx=mode+matchallany&N=0&Nr=AND%28universal%3A0%29&Ntk=Main&Ntt=rancho+-+shock+absorber+and+strut+assembly&Ntx=mode+matchallany&Nty=1&PN=0+4294890173&VN=4294960609+4294960583+4294967166+4294964934+4294966786&domain=autopartswarehouse.com&mvtgroup=B&query_type=Product+Results&Nr=AND%28universal:0%29&refType=Series&refValue=Rancho+Rs5000

I like the Auto warehouse because they have free shipping and fair prices, and you can pay with Paypal. Apparently on the R50 there is no distinction between the rear shocks and front, like on the WD21s that have eyelets for the rear but a stem on top in the front. I can't find front and rear shocks for the R50 so they must be universal fitment. I know WD21Colorado just put these on his truck and is happy with them.

I'm pretty sure any shock that fits the R50 will work and I would be in a state of shock if one of the supposed offroad specific shocks DIDN'T fit a 2" lift, which is less than mild by comparison. Just go to JC Whitney or Auto parts warehouse and enter your vehicle, here I'll do it for you:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/??D=rancho+-+shock+absorber+and+strut+assembly&Dx=mode+matchallany&N=0&Nr=AND%28universal%3A0%29&Ntk=Main&Ntt=rancho+-+shock+absorber+and+strut+assembly&Ntx=mode+matchallany&Nty=1&PN=0+4294890173&VN=4294960609+4294960583+4294967166+4294964934+4294966786&domain=autopartswarehouse.com&mvtgroup=B&query_type=Product+Results&Nr=AND%28universal:0%29&refType=Series&refValue=Rancho+Rs5000

I like the Auto warehouse because they have free shipping and fair prices, and you can pay with Paypal. Apparently on the R50 there is no distinction between the rear shocks and front, like on the WD21s that have eyelets for the rear but a stem on top in the front. I can't find front and rear shocks for the R50 so they must be universal fitment. I know WD21Colorado just put these on his truck and is happy with them.

Front and rear R50 shocks are NOT universal. Fronts are struts and have limited availability (Kyb gr-2s are the best) and the tears are standard shocks. I have Bilstein 4600s in stock length with my OME lift and love them. Go to 4x4parts.com for extended length Bilstein 5100s. (Excellent shock, smooth ride).

Man, someone please correct me if I missed the boat on this one, but I SWEAR I remember being told by AC (like 8 years ago) that the Rancho 9000XL's I bought from them (for an arm/leg) were originally for a 1998-2003 Dodge Durango.

The specs SilverPath posted sound close to what I had but I think his must extend much more than my Rancho's did - I thought mine only extended to like 25" or there abouts.

Sorry I can't remember more, just trying to help...