Which fuse disables "door ajar" and footwell lights

JackStraw1

Hey all,

Before I go out and pull them one by one I thought I'd throw this out in case someone knows off the top of their head.

I had a little winter time door whack but even before that the footwell lights would flicker going around turns, Seems to be a problem with the driver's side rear switch or wiring but i really don't have time to mess with it right now. I just want the whole thing disabled . Preferably without also disabling the "headlights on" chime when the engine is off and door open.

Discovered the problem yesterday after work when battery was dead. Had to disconnect battery today.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

It's on the room lamp circuit IIRC, but that also does the clock and the radio.

From what I've heard, the sensor in the rear hatch often causes similar issues. But if yours is wired like mine, it would be making the cargo light come on, not the main dome light.

With a Phillips driver and a few minutes you could simply remove the driver's rear switch, unplug it from the harness, and chuck it in your glove box in case you decide later you want to fix it. If that is in fact the switch causing trouble, removing it should do the trick.

Thanks !

Room lamp fuse did the trick. Just don't want to drain the battery again tonight.

I'll check out the hatch switch when the weather gets a little better.

I'll pull the driver's rear switch tomorrow in the daylight and see if that's the culprit. it seemed to make the light flicker when i was pushing on the door but nothing when i push the switch directly. Kinda weird. But also the door isn't as tightly shut as it should be even though I've moved the "U" shaped bracket it latches to as far inboard as I can without drilling new holes.

Stuff just gets old and tired I guess, and winter and telephone pole smacks to the door don't help matters much, :(

Edited by JackStraw1