Update/SFD Questions

PrestonBurns

Alright y'all. Got my new bumper installed and was thinking it'd be my last big buy for my pathfinder. Then I remembered Sub Frame Drops. I'm already riding on my 2" AC lift & fluerys 1" HDPE strut spacers, would the SFD work with that for a combined, level 6 inches of lift all around? I think I'd stick with running 33's (285/75r16) with the extra lift, does anyone have any photos of what that looks like?

TL;DR:

• How much will a SFD run me?
  • Can it work with my 2" AC lift and the strut spacers up front?
  • Does anyone have a photo of an r50 with a 6" lift on 33's?
  • Will the addition of a SFD increase my CV angle? If not, decrease?
  • Thanks!

edbd8d1a86cd11e3962e0e29dfb0a995_8.jpg

Edited by PrestonBurns

I think they cost ~$495 for the base unit and can run ~$740 for the "kit"

To attain the 6" of lift it utilizes the front AC lift. The SFD on its own is only 4". Your rear springs get replaced with WJ rear springs

There are several members on here running 6" lifts and 33's Im sure you can find a pic of one of them

They will not change your current CV angle. The whole idea is to lower the entire frontend in sync, It lowers your engine,struts, and entire subframe at equal amounts.

Alright y'all. Got my new bumper installed and was thinking it'd be my last big buy for my pathfinder. Then I remembered Sub Frame Drops. I'm already riding on my 2" AC lift & fluerys 1" HDPE strut spacers, would the SFD work with that for a combined, level 6 inches of lift all around? I think I'd stick with running 33's (285/75r16) with the extra lift, does anyone have any photos of what that looks like?

TL;DR:

• How much will a SFD run me?
  • Can it work with my 2" AC lift and the strut spacers up front?
  • Does anyone have a photo of an r50 with a 6" lift on 33's?
  • Will the addition of a SFD increase my CV angle? If not, decrease?
  • Thanks!

edbd8d1a86cd11e3962e0e29dfb0a995_8.jpg

The 4" SFD comes with a 4" strut spacer. I don't think you will want to be using (or even can?) use the new 4" spacer with your current 1" spacer. (unless that spacer is mid-mounted, under the top hat).

But if you ditch the 1" spacer and replace it with the 4" spacer you will be IMPROVING your CV angle.

It looks like you currently have 3" of front lift because 2" comes from the springs alone, right?

So you would have a combined 6" lift in front (rather than 7") because of the loss of your current 1" spacer.

I think 96Pathy and I have similar lifts/tire size/builds. I have some photos in my profile of my 2" AC on 31's and then the 2"AC + 4" SFD and 33's. Just an FYI that I decided to go with Jeep WJ springs (6.5" lift cut down to size) and some lower coil seat adapters (from Krypton Fabs) instead of keeping my rear 2" lift springs from AC and installing spacers.

• Like 1

Thanks y'all. I'm probably just gonna hold out for a used one to show up on the market. The priciest part for me would be installation, as I'm in school and I don't have the necessary tools/lifts/space to do the install.