Seriously New York City?

rwd5021

Worse, actually and now they are the worst.

“You have the following options,” the letter explains.

“1. Immediately surrender your Rifle and/or Shotgun to your local police precinct, and notify this office of the invoice number. The firearm may be sold or permanently removed from the City of New York thereafter.

2. Permanently remove your Rifle and/or Shotgun from New York City and provide the following…Disposition Report/Registration Certificate…Notarized statement of permanent removal…Utility bill or other proof of residency regarding the address where the firearm will be stored outside the City of New York.

3. You may call to discuss the matter if you believe your firearm is in compliance…”

This is troubling.

The fact that if you store the firearm elsewhere, you have to show notarized statements and proof of residency seems excessive. Not like you just have Uncle Bill hiold them for a few years while you finish school or whatever.

It'll be interesting to see how the crime and shootings by police stats change in the next few years when the only people without firearms are law abiding citizens.

B

It'll be interesting to see how the crime and shootings by police stats change in the next few years when the only people without firearms are law abiding citizens.

B

Exactly. Look at Chicago's stats. Wake up and arm yourselves people!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chicago-struggles-combat-gun-violence-article-1.1271786

Guess they never heard of the 2nd Amendment. Taking shot guns and simple rifles away? Stupid politicians and voters up there.

If illegal drugs are banned, then why are they still rampant?

Its like saying, "If we have the Fire Department, then why are Fire Extinguishers required?"

Don't even get me started on the subject..... :angry:

I don't carry for self defense , but as of Oct. 1st here in CT we need a new "ammo permit" to buy any type of ammunition .

Or.... you can just get a concealed carry permit that will cover you for buying ammo , rifles , shotguns and handguns .

So.....being an avid waterfowl hunter with a squeaky clean record , I stocked up on steel shot over the summer .

Now I'll just go the full route and get a concealed carry permit before next season , something that many have decided upon since the new laws came into effect .

I may or may not carry a handgun after getting a CCWP , but what matters is that I'd have never even applied for one had they not passed a law taking away my ability to buy a box of steel to go hunting .

As for NYC , I can be there in about an hour , but I'll never step foot in that rancid liberal bastion in my lifetime .