New Guy - questions about fender flares

Kerblawrr

Hey everybody! How's it going.

I've been looking on here for info about fender flares for my 1997 pathfinder. My first vehicle, and my baby. I've seen that there are EGR ones, that are $300-350 each. I'm looking for something stepped down from there, but above those flexy rubber ones.

I've found ones from Replacement, but they're only for the front. In fact, most places that I've searched don't seem to have rear fender flares. Can I just use front ones on the back? Front driver on rear passenger or something like that? They're listed around $110 each.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Have you tired a junkyard? You might be able to find some there. Unless you are looking for a different pair then im out of ideas, besides custom fit.

Edited by Bubbley11

I'd personally try maby a u-pull-it style yard that has 1 of your truck in it and a selection of other things. You might find a factory set from something you like, can pull it off and walk over to the truck that matches yours and get an idea if they will work and the amount of effort to make them work. Otherwise I am of no help :lol:

Yeah, there's a pick-a-part about an hour away from me, it has a 97 of the same colour. They were closed when I called though, so I'll try them on monday to see if it has flares.

Thanks for the feedback! That was quick

The front won't fit on the back as far as I know.

They are a pain to get off without breaking all the clips. if you figure it out let me know as I will need them back on when I get 33" tires.

No dice on the pick-a-part.

I'll just get some of the universal ones temporarily to get it re-insured, and maybe custom ones once I have more cash laying around.
Currently living in the city, so I don' even really use her much anyway.

Watch here for part outs in the Classified/For Sale section, and post in the Classifieds/Parts Wanted section. Someone might be able to set you up.

The front won't fit on the back as far as I know.

They are a pain to get off without breaking all the clips. if you figure it out let me know as I will need them back on when I get 33" tires.

Do you mean the flared pins that go through the sheet metal?

The WD21's flares are mounted underneath with replacable metal 'slip nuts' or whatever...

B

Yeah, the R50's have some screws but then these body panel type clips. I busted nearly all of 'em trying to get the flares off. If I put 33's on I'd like to reinstall flares so I give the cops less excuse to stop me.