what rims will fit the r50

thorpe991

iv searched here and cant find what im looking for so i was wondering what stock rims that are 16" will fit the r50 right know i have 31s on aftermarket 15" rims and i have 32s on 16" stock chevy rims and i wanted to put them on once i got the lift in but the center hole in the rim is to small on the chevy rims so i was wondering if i could pick up stock 16" Nissan rims preferably the 01 and up rims and have them fit

I'm no expert but I learned something after looking at my newly lifted '96 yesterday .

I put 31's on the stock 15" XE wheels 50,000 miles ago with no lift .

There was minimal rubbing at full lock , can't say exactly what was rubbing 'cause it happened so rarely I never bothered to look .

Being that I'm no mechanic , I would look at AC's "warning" that to run 31's with the lift you'd need wheels with 3.75" backspacing and scratch my head thinking "I'm running them on stock suspension , why would I need new wheels with the lift ?" .

Well , now I know.... :laugh:

With the stock wheels and coils the spring perch was in a position/angle that allowed it to sit just a bit to the inside of the inner sidewall having just enough room to clear the tire .

Now , with the 2" coils and 1" strut spacer it appears that the spring perch location has moved to a position that would preclude running 31's , moving it to where it now sits just above the tread .

My worn 31's barely clear the bottom of the spring perch , if they were new with full tread they'd be rubbing the perch at best , at worst it looks like you'd not even be able to mount the wheel/tire combo .

I'm thinking that any stock Pathfinder wheel will fit , but with the lift you'll need spacers .

Edited by Beatup96

I only plan on doing a 1.5 spacer in the front so I don't think I'll have a problem an the rims I'm running now have a -3.75 or -4 back spacing

I have tires in a 32" on 16" rims but the rims won't fit my pathfinder so it will be cheaper to pick up stock 16" rims at the local jy than to get new tires for the 15" rims

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

i know its the 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern but when you in the jy and the rims are in the back of a truck or next to one its kinda hard to know the bolt pattern other than the number of lugs

ya i guess that works haha never thought of that iv gone to the local jy probably more than one person should haha i have/had (trucks going to the jy next week) 2 chevys so go figure i had chevy probs